Friday, April 4, 2014

Another reason to be grateful

I was sitting in my living room with my children the next night.
"Here goes nothing," I said as I powered up my laptop.  It worked fine.
"Why wouldn't it work?" my daughter asked.  I told her about problems I'd had with the computer and my conversation with Jason The IT Guru.
"I'm glad he knows what he's doing, because I was baffled," I said.
"Hmm, maybe the computer fixed itself to make Jason look good," my son said.  "Maybe the machines want you to trust this Jason guy so they can use him as a pawn in their little game."
"Brat Boy has a point," my daughter said.  She turned to him and asked, "How do we know Jason's not part of the plan?  Pretend to be a pawn while calling the shots."
As I worked on my laptop, my children spun dark conspiracy theories that made me laugh out loud.
 


"Today I will be grateful for people who know what they're doing." 

No comments:

Post a Comment