Monday, April 7, 2014

Insanity
The memo was from The Boss and The Other Ken.  All inquiries from federal agencies, attorneys, or the courts were to be forwarded to The Boss.
"What's this memo about?" I asked Josh when he walked past my office.
"So Smiley found out he couldn't sue the FDA for firing him, but he did find a lawyer willing to help him fight to keep his job," Josh said.
"He got a DUI with a stolen gun in the car."
"He's arguing that he wasn't drunk , and David gave him the gun."
"His BAL was .13 and Smiley took the gun without David's permission.  He pointed it at David."
"True, but Smiley's attorney will argue that none of this was proven in court, and the FDA jumped the gun by firing him."
"Smiley can't possibly win the arbitration," I said.
"The Boss thinks he might, even if he eventually loses over the DUI and stolen weapon charges."
"Just because the FDA didn't wait for Smiley's trial?  That's insane."
"You know the old saying, 'the whole world's crazy except for me and you, and I'm not so sure about you.'"

Today I will accept the world's insanity.


No comments:

Post a Comment