Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wednesday

August 6, 2014

 

Life on Life's Terms

I'm happy for you
When I got home, I told my wife Tiffany was getting married.  She was delighted.
"It's about time that girl had something go right in her life," my wife said.  Early in her recovery, Tiffany would call me, but get into long conversations with whoever answered the phone. She and my wife had gotten close.
"For someone who grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth, she has had a hard life," I said, "but she created a lot of her own problems."
"Money doesn't guarantee a good family.  A lot of it wasn't her fault.  Her fault or not her fault - what does it matter?  I'm just happy she's happy."
 
Today I will be happy when anyone's life improves.
 
 
Life on Life's Terms (c) 2014 by Ken Montrose


Freebie

This week's freebie is the Kindle version of Heroin, Oxycontin, & Other Opiates: Breaking Your Addiction to Them is available at  http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S.


To read Kindle books on a PC or Mac, you can download a free app at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000426311

 

Upcoming

Burnout: Clinical, Ethical, & Supervisory Issues
September 12, 2014 at Greenbriar-New Kensington
9:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m
$30 payable in advance, at the door, or by invoice after the training

This three hour training is accredited for:
  • Addiction Counselors by the Pa. Certification Board
  • CRCs  by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification # 11938191652 and 11938191653 (one hour Ethics portion)
  • Counselors by NAADAC #477 and NBCC #6352
  • EAPs by the Employee Assistance Certification Commission
  • Social Workers by the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work.

Other Blogs

 AArdvarks, a daily messages blog about a group of young people in recovery can be found at: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/6771633-playing-doctor
 

Smart Bears, Angry Rats

In your corner 75 Years from now
Later that night Olsen called Gretchen.  "You sound a little down," Gretchen said.  Olsen explained Sammy's situation.
"I'm surprised you're so concerned. You don't even like Sammy," Gretchen pointed out.  "You think he's arrogant."
"I don't like him, but I'm worried about him.  I know what my dad went through with his addiction to alcohol.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone." "It sounds like Ubutu wants to help Sammy."
"Ubutu needed to hold Sammy's feet to the fire.  Giving him another chance without making him go to rehab just gave Sammy time to dig the hole deeper."
"I love how you're concerned for him, even though you don't like him," Gretchen said.
"I think it's human nature to pull for someone fighting adversity"
 
We may never know who is in our corner in times of adversity.
Smart Bears, Angry Rats (c) 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment