Monday, April 4, 2016

94. Hold The Door

On Andra's last day she told me she was having dinner with her deceased sister's ex-husband and his new wife.  He had invited Andra to dinner every year on her birthday since the accident.  Every year she had made excuses not to go, including the three years she had been sober.

"Ken, I thought seeing him would just be too sad," Andra said. "Even after I rejected his offer time and again, he held the door open for me.  Now I realize  why. He wanted me to see what was on the other side of my grief.  He wanted me to bounce back the way he had.  I was so rude to him.  I'm so grateful he waited for me to be ready to walk through that door."


Today I will be grateful for people who hold doors open for me


Sober Not Somber (c) 2015, 2016 by Ken Montrose

Sober Not Somber is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other publications by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment