Wednesday, April 6, 2016

96. Missing You

Matey, DUI Dave, Marjorie, Andra, Norman, Terrence, and The Kid all moved on.  To my surprise, I missed them.  It made me think of all the people who passed through my life.  Most I'd never get to know well enough to miss.  I was grateful I'd gotten the chance to know them, at least a little.

My first sponsor had been explaining the AA slogan 'life on life's terms' when he said, "The more people you love, the more funerals you go to.  Life's terms can seem harsh, but the people you miss the most are usually the people you were lucky enough to spend the most time with. Life's terms don't seem so harsh when you look at that way."

Today I will be grateful for people I miss.

Sober Not Somber © 2015, 2016 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Sober Not Somber is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and someone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment