Thursday, May 5, 2016

20. Let It Go
Sheila bit her tongue hard. 'Does he think I'm too stupid to know why he smells like mouthwash?' she thought. She wanted to tell Mikey how much she loved him, how she worried, how mad she was, how the kids needed him alive and well - not dead in a car wrapped around a utility pole,  how she was going to leave him, how she'd never leave so why couldn't he leave the bottle for her?

'Let it go,' she thought.  'I've never been able to make him do anything.'

She exhaled and said, "I'm changing our insurance policies.  You will be ensured to drive your car, but not mine or Devin's.  If you wreck, our premiums won't go up."

Today I will let go of my belief I can control other people's behavior.

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:
http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment