Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Thursday, February 13th, 2020

Accidental Learning
On the drive home the traffic stalled. Up ahead I could see flashing lights. We formed a single lane and crawled up to the accident site. Three cars were on the side of the road, partially blocking the right lane. The driver of the car two vehicles in front of me stopped to take a picture with his cell phone. The guy behind him, and front of me, almost rear-ended him.

After the accident, traffic started to pick up speed. As I passed the driver who had taken the picture, he swerved into my lane barely missing me.  I looked over to see he was texting someone, probably sending a picture of the accident. 

I didn’t know what caused the first accident.  Possibly one of the three drivers had been careless. The guy texting clearly hadn’t learned anything from the wreck, and was working on creating his own pile-up. Seeing the accident reminded me to be careful.  Seeing the guy texting hammered home the importance of learning from other people’s mistakes before I made my own.

Today I will learn from other people’s mistakes, and from people who don’t seem to.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment