Monday, November 13, 2017

Tuesday, February 11th, 2020

Worsers
As we spoke, I realized Jack was high. My heart sank.
“Jack, you drank the cough syrup,” I said.
“I have a cough,” he said. “It’s prescribed.”
“You drank the bottle,” I guessed.
“I only drank half a bottle,” he protested. “I’m a big guy, I need a bigger dose.”  There was a long pause. Jack changed tacks, “OK, maybe I had a little too much cough syrup, but I’m not as bad as Luke.”
“So that’s your plan? Not worry about it until you’re the worst?”
“It sounds bad when you put it that way,” Jack said.
Today I won’t wait until I’m the worst to get better.
2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment