Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Thursday, February 13th, 2020

Nice Enough
After the match, Brat Boy came up into the stands to hug CharChar and say hello to KC and me. A few minutes later the kid with the wild hair approached us. We sat three bleachers up, he stood on the gym floor, hands on his hips. He wasn’t smiling.

“In three weeks I’m going to embarrass you,” he said, referring to their upcoming rematch.

“When I come into the gym, should I use the side doors?” Brat Boy asked. “Last time I was there the front doors were blocked.”

At the reference to being blocked the kid looked as if he might explode. He stomped off like a third grader denied recess.

CharChar nudged him. “What happened to your endless smile approach?” she asked, laughing.

“Clearly the boy has issues,” Brat Boy said, “I was nice enough to him, but there’s a limit to how much anyone should put up with.”

Today I’ll be nice enough.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment