Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Body and Mind
“And what’s wrong with your daughter’s fiancé?” I asked Mikey.
“Truth be told he’s not really an idiot. He just wants to take my little girl away,” Mikey said.
“Your little girl is twenty-six,” I pointed out.
“She’s twenty-six and I’m fifty-four, except when we get together.  Then in my mind I’m ten and she’s five.  The last time she was home we got into an ice cream fight.  We were sitting at the kitchen table, and out of the blue, she flicks a spoonful of ice cream at me.  I had to retaliate! I can’t remember the last time I had so much fun. She reminds me my body and my mind don’t have to be the same age.  I’m gonna miss that when she moves away.”
“You could remind yourself,” I said.  He nodded his head in agreement.
“Wanna go throw snowballs at passing cars?” he asked.  He was only half-joking.

Today I will Grateful my mind and body can be different ages.

Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment