Sunday, February 1, 2015

Morning Can Do
“You tired?” Mikey asked me.  “I’m so tired at the end of the day, especially on days I work out.  That’s why I love mornings.”
I had no idea what he was saying. “I missed the connection,” I said.
“My job is killing me, my daughter is engaged to an idiot, and my wife’s family should perform under the big top.  I’m drained when I hit the gym, completely dead afterward.  But, every night I sleep.  I recharge my batteries, and the next day I wake up full of energy.  Mornings are magic.”
“Yeah, but don’t you start thinking about the day ahead first thing in the morning?”
“In the morning I focus on everything I can do with that energy, not whether I want to do it.”

Today I will focus on what I can do.

Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment