Thursday, February 5, 2015

Spring is coming
The next morning my snow blower wouldn’t start.  Eight inches of heavy wet snow covered the driveway.  I remembered a friend who owned a funeral home never made plans after a heavy snow fall.  ‘Lots of heart attacks, Ken,’ he had said.
I was only halfway done with the driveway when my son walked past on his way to the bus stop. “What are you going to do, Dad?” he asked, gesturing at the sidewalks and the rest of the driveway.
I shrugged. “Keep shoveling.  Spring is coming.”
When I finally got to work, I had a pile of paperwork to get through. Much of the paperwork was seasonal, reporting on the prior year’s trainings and get that year’s sessions accredited.  I knew in a week or so I’d have most of it done. “Keep shoveling,” I said to myself as I started filling out forms.  “Spring is coming.”

Today I will keep shoveling, spring is coming.

Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment