Thursday, January 29, 2015

Friday
January 30, 2015


Rich Virgins
I went to the gym that night and ran into an old friend named Mikey.  He was singing to himself, but loudly enough for me to hear.  “The money’s enormous, or so they inform us, and I know a virgin striking it rich,” he sang.  He saw the puzzled look on my face and added, “It’s a Warren Buffett song. You should play that song at the rehab.  It kinda ties money to virtue.  He’s a virgin who’s gonna be rewarded.”

“That’s from Jimmy Buffett,” I said.  “Warren Buffet is an eighty-four year old investor.  I think that line is ‘I’ve no aversion to striking it rich,’” “It’s from a Miller beer commercial.  Don’t think it’s appropriate for the rehab.”

“Oh, I was so off base,” Mikey said.  “Still a good message, virtue being rewarded."

“Still a good message,” I agreed, “No matter where you heard it.”

Today I will listen for the good message.

Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose


Today's Freebie
The Kindle version of Hauling it to the Curb: Cleaning up your life in early recovery is available today free of charge at:

If you don't have a Kindle, you can download a free app to read Kindle books on any PC or Mac:

No comments:

Post a Comment