Monday, January 19, 2015

Tuesday
January 20, 2015


Sleeping Beauty
When I got home that night my son met me at the top of the stairs.  He held a finger to his lips and said, “Grandpa’s sleeping.”  He was smiling as he pointed to my father, asleep in his favorite chair.  We talked about what a great father and grandfather he was, and how he’d earned his rest. 
I remembered going to a friend’s house and being warned to be very, very quiet.  His father was sleeping and “waking the old man could get us all killed.” Other people said my friend wasn’t exaggerating very much.
“I hope you turn out just like him,” I said to my son.
“Sleepy, near-sighted, and wrinkly?” he said laughing. 

Today I will try to be someone who deserves his rest, rather than someone people are afraid to wake.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment