Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Thursday
January 8, 2015


Learning

Kim held up a hand. 
“I’m not sure what I’m looking at,” I said, puzzled.
“It’s a callous.  Probably my first.  I helped my stepmother plant flowers this weekend.”
“You’ve never had a callous before?” Tony asked.  “How is that possible?”
“I was a spoiled kid who never did any manual labor.  I loved it.  I loved the dirt, I loved the sunshine. I loved the flowers.  I loved the work.  I wouldn’t want a job digging ditches or pouring concrete, but I liked working with my hands.”
“I still can’t believe you never had a callous before,” Tony said. 
“And that’s the point,” Kim answered, “At my age I’m learning I like getting a callous or two.  I’m grateful I get a lifetime to learn, to find new things to like.”


Today I will be grateful learning can be a lifelong adventure.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

Today's Freebies

Heroin, Oxycontin, and Other Opiates: Breaking your addiction to them is available at http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment