Sunday, January 18, 2015

Monday
January 19, 2015


Peace

What’s up with you?” I asked Michelle.
“Here’s a sad coincidence,’ Michelle said, “my husband and Julie are in the same hospital.  He had a stroke.  He’s in bad shape, probably not long for this world, but he’s at peace.  Strange.”
Michelle was sad, but thought she should have been more broken up about him.  They had been together twenty years.  She said, “I can’t tell you how mad I was when I found out he was sleeping with his twenty-somethings.  Then I started to blame myself, and all my rage turned inward. After his second heart-attack, I felt sorry for him.  Now I’m at peace because he’s at peace. Is that wrong?”
“I’m grateful whenever someone I love is at peace,” Martell said. “You’ve been through so much with him.  Maybe you could be grateful you two found some peace, no matter what the reason.”

Today I will be grateful for whatever peace my loved ones find.
Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment