Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Friday
January 22, 2015


Hanging around
Martell told the group he was done with treatment at the end of the week.  I told the rest of them I couldn’t justify holding group for just three people.  “Besides,” I said, “I think you three have done well.  I would have graduated you soon. You’ll still see each other in your other groups.”
Tony was a little down about the group breaking up, but Michelle and Seal were surprisingly upbeat.  Seal said she’d never had a female friend before she met Michelle.  Michelle said she was glad she’d still see Tony at the clinic.  She told Tony he could focus on the people who were gone, or be happy for the people still around. 
“And you my friend,” Michelle said, playfully punching Tony’s shoulder, “should consider yourself lucky to be around such fine, intelligent women like Seal and me.”

Today I will be happy for the people who are still around.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment