Thursday, January 1, 2015

Friday
January 2, 2015


New Year’s Resolutions
The next group was the last session before the New Year.  We talked about refining and jumpstarting resolutions. 
“Try out your resolution before you commit to it,” I suggested. “If your goal is to get more exercise, go to the gym a couple of times.  Refine your resolution by figuring out how much and what kind of exercise works best for you. If you do commit to getting more exercise, you’ve jumpstarted your resolution with those workouts.”
“I want to resolve not to smother my husband with a pillow,” Michelle said with a sly smirk. “Should I put the pillow over his face a couple of times, without smothering him, just to jumpstart the resolution?”
“Just don’t let the nurses at the hospital see you doing it,” I said.

Today I will jumpstart and refine whatever changes I want to make.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment