Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Wednesday
January 7, 2015



Choice
The next morning Seal was beaming over a brand new pair of black Converse Chuck Taylors with white laces.  She walked in front of the group, held up a foot, did a little dance step, and walked back to her chair.  
Seal said, “My ex-boyfriend made me wear boots or high heels all the time. You have no idea how much I love these sneakers.”  
“What do you like most about them?” I asked.
“I picked them,” she said.  “When I was with him, he made all the decisions, he told me what to wear, what to say, who I could talk to.  He had the only set of car keys and the only ATM card.  I couldn’t even choose my own shoes.  Now that idiot is gone, I’m loving every choice I make.  I will never, ever take for granted the freedom to choose.”

Today I will be grateful for the freedom to choose.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment