Monday, January 26, 2015

Tuesday
January 27, 2015


Epilogue: Michelle

After her husband passed away Michelle stayed sober, much to her own surprise.  Five years later she remarried.  I ran into her waiting to be seated at a local restaurant.
“He’s a great guy,” she said. “We both have adult children who all get along.  In fact, our family gatherings are hilarious.  I work four days a week. On Friday’s I have lunch with his mother.  She’s one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met.” She paused for a moment, and wiped a tear from her eye. “I can’t believe after all I’ve been through I’m finally getting to live happily ever after.”
“I’m happy for you,” I said.  I couldn’t have told her how happy I truly was. Her story was the antidote to all the depressing news I heard that day.

Today I will be glad for people who finally find their ‘happily ever after.’

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

Today's Freebies

These  Kindle books are available for free at:
  • Hauling it to the Curb: Cleaning up your life in early recovery
  • Forgiveness in Recovery


If you don't have a Kindle, you can download a free application  that allows you to read Kindle books on a PC or a Mac:

No comments:

Post a Comment