Thursday, November 12, 2015

100. Easier To Than Not To
I went to the gym that night and ran into a guy I knew from AA.  He struggled with his weight, but never missed a workout.
“I’m not a gym rat by nature,” he said. “It’s not easy for me to make myself exercise, but it’s been easier than trying to change my eating habits.” He smiled and added, “Reminds me that it’s easier to stay sober than to get sober. That’s why I don’t pick up the first drink. I don’t know if I could stop drinking again.”

Today I will remember:
It’s easier to sustain a good habit than to break a bad one.
It’s easier to stay sober than to get sober.

Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment