Tuesday, November 3, 2015

93. Ready or Not…
Tigger bounced into my office on his way to lunch. He told me was getting discharged soon, he felt prepared, but not 100% ready.  As we talked it became clear he defined ‘ready’ as thoroughly confident and completely at ease. 
I told him how I had hesitated for months after deciding to write a blog.  Home Groupies, my first daily message book, had been written.  I had amassed thousands of email addresses.  I knew how to use the technology.  Completely prepared, I felt totally unready.  I kept waiting to feel confident and calm. Finally I accepted I was prepared and sent out the first message.
“Tigger, I try not to do anything unprepared, but if I waited until I was completely ready, I’d get nothing done.”
Today I will move forward, prepared if not completely ready.
Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment