Tuesday, June 14, 2016

48. Don't Feed the 'Gator
When Devin got home, he plopped down onto the couch next to Tiffany. Mikey was sitting in an easy chair, Sheila sat on the other side of Tiffany.  Tiffany was staring at her laptop.  “I can’t wait to go to Florida, but I just found out you’re not supposed to feed the alligators,” Tiffany said. “That sucks.” She showed him an article about a twenty foot monster that lived on a golf course.

“Here’s a good rule of thumb, you little villain,” Devin said as he hugged his sister, “don’t feed anything that might kill you, like bears and alligators.”

“Like anger and resentment,” Mikey said, looking at Sheila.

“Or an addiction,” Sheila shot back.

Tiffany thought she’d rather pet the alligator than deal with the tension between her parents.

Today I won’t  feed anything that might kill me. 

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

ADDENDUM:
I wanted to apologize for the timing of this post.  I wasn't aware of the tragedy at Disney when I posted it. My heart goes out to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment