Tuesday, June 28, 2016

58. How Embarrassing
While he was sitting on the side of the road, Mikey saw the farmer walking along the new fence.  He got out of his car, wanting to apologize.  After they shook hands and Mikey apologized, Mikey said, “A school principal is supposed to set a good example.  I couldn’t be more embarrassed.”

The farmer said, “When I was a young man I got it into my head I was gonna let the air out of the school bus tires.  The buses were kept behind a high chain-link fence topped with barbed wire next to a trucking company.  When I went over the top, my belt caught and I fell. I was hanging by my feet, naked from the waist down, for the better part of four hours. Fire trucks came. Do you remember the old Polaroid cameras? Somebody took pictures and passed them around school.” He chuckled, and added, “Everybody does something embarrassing.”

Today I will remember I'm not the only one who's done something embarrassing.

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment