Thursday, June 9, 2016

44. Is it Contagious?
From an upstairs bedroom came a loud “Yes!” followed by a long silence. Devin came bounding into the living room, jacket in hand.

“I’m going to Lori’s,” he said. “Love you, Dad.”

“That’s twice in ten minutes I heard someone say they loved me,” Mikey said to Repulsive and Repugnant.  Repugnant scratched under his collar.  Repulsive meowed and Mikey said, “I count that as a third time ‘Pulse.” He scratched the cat’s ears and smiled.  Mikey didn’t know what Devin was so happy about, he only knew his good mood was contagious.

Today I will be grateful happiness can be contagious.

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment