Thursday, June 30, 2016

60. Forgive Me If I Don't Understand

While Mikey listened to Tiffany torture the tuba, Devin tried to patch things up with Lori. “I love you. I love having sex with you.  We’ve been having sex. What’s so wrong about asking if we’re still gonna have sex?”

“You truly don’t understand?” Lori asked with a sigh.

“I don’t.”

Lori felt the frustration overtake her.  She wanted to scream at him, drive over to his house and kick him.  She took a deep breath, put the phone back to her ear and said, “You put your needs ahead of my feelings at a time when my feelings should have been your number one concern.”

Devin thought, here we go again, her endless fascination with everything she feels.  She’s like a nervous pilot on her first solo flight, rattled by the slightest turbulence .  “I’m sorry,” he said, feeling sorry for himself.

“It’s OK,” she said, thinking ‘he really doesn’t understand.’

Today I will remember true forgiveness often rests on understanding.

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment