Sunday, June 26, 2016

56. Gratitude First
While Mikey was on the phone with his friend and lawyer, Tiffany said to her mother, "Can we make an exception just this once? I'm leaving for Florida in a week. I want some spending money."

"You know the rules, you can't have your birthday money until you write thank you notes."

"I will, when I get back.  I promise. First day I'm back."

Sheila thought for a minute, then said, "No, that's a bad precedent.  Write the notes first. Be grateful for the gift before you get wrapped up in spending it."

Today I will put gratitude first. 

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
'                                                                                                                                                                   Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment