Thursday, July 7, 2016

64. Reminders of What I Never Forgot
Through all the fighting and tension his drinking had caused, Mikey had never forgotten why he loved his wife and kids. He never needed to be reminded, but when he was, he was often overwhelmed. He had to hesitate a moment before he was able to speak.

Mikey said, “Don’t know why you love me so much.”

“Don’t know either,” Sheila replied.  “Just know I do.”

Today I will be grateful for those unnecessary reminders of why I love someone.

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment