Sunday, July 10, 2016

65. Just Slipping By

Derrick called to tell Mikey he should go to AA meetings to get his slip signed.  Mikey didn't know what he meant.

Derrick said, "I'll fax you a sheet of paper.  It'll have blanks where you write down the day, time, and name of an AA meeting you attend.  At the end  of a meeting, you have the chairman sign it. It's called 'getting your slip signed.'  Go to speaker meetings.  I'll give you a list of big ones.  You can sit in the back and play with your phone."

"Shouldn't I pay attention, try to get something out of it?" Mikey asked.

"Just get the damn slip signed. That's all the judge is gonna look at." Derrick hung up.

As a principal Mikey had  seen a few teachers who  taught enough not to get fired, and students who did just enough to pass. Both frustrated and saddened him.  'Not gonna be a bare minimum, just enough to get by guy,' he said to himself. 'I'm gonna do more than get my slip signed.'

Today I will do more than get my slip signed.

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment