Thursday, July 28, 2016

5.  You Can't Hear Me
Later that day I had a chance to talk to the scowling young man.  His name was Roy, and he was really unhappy about his second DUI.  He was in danger of losing his drivers license and his job.   He blamed everyone but himself for his predicament.  What angered him most was having to go to treatment with 'real drunks and junkies.' That he blamed on us.

"If you hadn't been driving drunk, you wouldn't be here," I pointed out.

"And if the cops were out catching drug dealers instead of hassling drivers," he snarled, "there'd be a lot less addicts, and you'd have to get a real job."

I could have argued further, but I knew he was too  angry to hear me then.  Rather than argue further,  I decided to wait for another day.

Today I won't argue with people too angry to hear me.  


Life on Life's Terms III (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Life on Life's Terms III is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment