Tuesday, July 12, 2016

67. Something New
While Mikey was at the AA meeting, Tiffany sat in the basement,  glaring at her tuba.  Her mother hadn’t heard her play a note and came to investigate.

Tiffany said, “I hate the tuba, I hate tuba players, I hate tuba makers, and I hate the letters t-u-b-a.”

“Why don’t you give it up?” Sheila asked.

“’Cause I’m not a quitter!” Tiffany said, fighting back tears.

“Quitting one thing doesn’t make you a quitter. You’re a quitter if you quit the first time things get hard.   Or, you quit before you’ve given something a fair chance.  Or, you have a habit of quitting things.  That’s not you.  You tried, it didn’t work out, time to move on.”

“So I’m not a quitter?”

“Honey, give something new a fair shot.  If it doesn’t work out, then move on.  Otherwise you get caught between trying nothing new, or sticking to something you hate.”

Today I will try something new.

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant (c) 2016 by Ken Montrose

Mikey, Repulsive, and Repugnant is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment