Thursday, November 6, 2014

Friday
November 7, 2014


Life on Life's Terms

Too Happy
Kate called several months later to say she had finished her first year of law school. "I'm second in my class," she said.  "Everything is going great!"
"I'm very happy for you," I said.
"The guy who cheated on me is still there," she said.  "He's not doing so well.  I heard he's second from the bottom in his class."
"You must be enjoying that little bit of irony," I said. 
She cursed, which was unusual for Kate.  "I want so badly to enjoy his struggles, but I can't. I'm too #$*%@ happy about my own life.  Do you know I actually feel sorry for him? @#$%^&*!!"



Today I will be too focused on what's working in my life to pay attention to 
what's not working in somebody else's.
Life on Life's Terms (c) 2014 by Ken Montrose



Upcoming Trainings

Writing Treatment Plans, Group Notes, Workbooks, etc.
November 12, 2014 at Kerr Presbyterian Church in Verona
9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
$50 payable in advance, at the door, or by invoice after the training

This five hour training is accredited for:
  • Addiction Counselors by the Pa. Certification Board
  • Nurses by the PSNA #101-1-O-14
  • Counselors by NAADAC #477 and NBCC #6352
  • EAPs by the Employee Assistance Certification Commission
  • Social Workers by the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work.

To register, please visit our website greenbriartraining.com or send an email to:kmontrose@greenbriar.net


Other Blogs

AArdvarks, a daily messages blog about a group of young people in recovery, can be found at: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/7312815-better-not


RPG

Paths
"I'd cross paths with my mother at holidays and in the Caribbean," Kim said.  "The next good time was always first in my mother's mind."
"What about your dad?" Roger asked.
"I broke his heart," Kim said.  "My parents met at a frat party.  My mother's family was rich.  After they got married, she couldn't understand why he needed to work.  They could have lived comfortably on her money.  When he stopped partying with her, she found a boyfriend, then another, and another. He had hoped I'd become a responsible adult, but I followed in mother's footsteps."


Today I will be careful where I step.  I may be creating a path for others to follow. 
Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment