Monday, November 24, 2014

Tuesday
November 25, 2014


Karma
"My ex had a heart attack," Michelle said smiling from ear to ear.
"I know he dumped you for a younger woman, but can you really be happy about that?" Roger asked. Roger's ex-girlfriend had been fifteen years younger than his wife.
"He lived.  He was snorting coke in bed with one of his twenty-somethings.  She panicked – I'm guessing the coke was hers – and bolted.  He had to call 911 himself." 
With mock sincerity Kim asked, "Are you're hoping this will be his wake-up call? Do you think he's seen the light and will live a more spiritual life from this day forward?"
Michelle laughed.  Seal snorted.  Martell shook his head and said, "Man got what he deserved. Karma."
"He got run over by karma," Michelle said, her smile fading a bit.  "I do feel guilty about being so happy over his misfortune."
"You're human and he betrayed your trust," Seal said.  "I wouldn't feel too bad."

Today I won't judge myself harshly if I'm happy karma has gotten somebody deserving.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose


Greenbriar publications are available at greenbriartraining.com and http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment