Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Thursday
November 20, 2014


RPG
The importance of stretching
Later that evening I was at the gym, hanging from the pull-up bar.  A friend walking by said, "You know you're supposed to pull yourself up, right?  You don't get any stronger hanging around like a lazy bat."
As a child I had burned half my chest and back.  Every so often I needed to stretch the skin around my shoulder to keep a full range of motion.  I was going to tell Mikey that.  Instead I said, "Mikey, you're getting huge!"
"Really?" he asked, obviously pleased. "I've been lifting a lot of weights."
"Oh yeah, the non-stop talking workouts are making your jaw muscles bulge."
He muttered something about me being akin to a wise mule.
I went back to stretching my scar, determined not let the things that had damaged me limit me.  I decided not to allow past damage limit my heart, nor to let my thinking grow stiff. 

Today I will not let past damage limit me.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose



Other Blogs

AArdvarks, a daily messages blog about a group of young people in recovery, can be found at: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/7384466-priorities 

No comments:

Post a Comment