Sunday, November 16, 2014

MondayNovember 17, 2014


RPG

Doing what we can
At the next group session Roger talked about paying off $1,000 of the hundreds of thousands he owed.
"Shoulda gone to Vegas," Tony said.  "You mighta turned that grand into a bundle.  Paid off a lot of debts."
"I did what I could with the money I had," Roger said.
Kim said, "His creditors wouldn't have liked him going to Las Vegas on money he owed them. He'd probably have lost the money and the chance to pay them the grand."  Several group members nodded in agreement.  "Better to do what he can than bet on what he might be able to," Kim said.  More heads nodded.  Tony rolled his eyes.

Today I will do what I can with what I have.

Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose


Other Blogs

AArdvarks, a daily messages blog about a group of young people in recovery, can be found at:https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/7367775-epilogue-james

No comments:

Post a Comment