Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Wednesday
November 12, 2014


Life on Life's Terms

Gratitude
"That's how this book ends?" my son asked.  "With you counting your blessings?"
"Yes," I said.
"You can't use gratitude as your topic two days in a row."
"I can.  I will."
"I still think you should have less about gratitude, and more about zombies, vampires, and super villains. Just saying."
"I'm grateful for your input, son."

Gratitude.
  Life on Life's Terms © 2014 by Ken Montrose



To order electronic versions of Greenbriar publications visit:
                                        http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S


Upcoming  Trainings


Blue Collar Spirituality/Sober Hedonism

November 14, 2014 at Greenbriar-New Kensington
9:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m
$30 payable in advance, at the door, or by invoice after the training

This three hour training is accredited for:
  • Addiction Counselors by the Pa. Certification Board
  • Counselors by NAADAC #477 and NBCC #6352
  • EAPs by the Employee Assistance Certification Commission
  • Social Workers by the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work.


To register, please visit our website greenbriartraining.com or send an email to: kmontrose@greenbriar.net



Other Blogs

AArdvarks, a daily messages blog about a group of young people in recovery, can be found at: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/7339713-a-kind-heart


RPG

Lessons from a lying laptop
Later, that night I was working on my laptop.  I clicked the icon for my battery.  A message popped up saying I had 45 minutes of power left. Five minutes later my laptop abruptly shut off. I was reminded of a quiz I had taken online that predicted I would live to be 89.7 years old. I hoped I didn't shut off abruptly sooner than that.  I thought about all the assumptions I made every day about how much time I had with the people around me, to do things I enjoyed, or to complete certain tasks. 
My laptop taught me two lessons.  One, Jason The IT Guru was wrong.  Computers were capable of being dishonest, and loved misleading people.  And two, I needed to get the most out of right now.

I will get the most out of today.
Relapse Prevention Group © 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment