Wednesday, April 8, 2015


Cliffside
“Your boy Teller called me yesterday,” KC said as we reached our cars.  “First time we talked, he made perfect sense.  He really made me think about why I was holding onto my guilt.  This time I think he was high.” KC went on to say Teller admitted he was drinking a couple of beers with his Xanax and painkillers.  Teller had dismissed KC’s concerns about mixing medications with alcohol.
“That’s the same combination of drugs his brother used to kill himself,” I said. “You think he’s suicidal?”
KC shook his head.  “No, I think he’s one of those guys who are drawn to danger, but can’t see how close they are to the edge.  If he keeps going this way, he won’t realize he’s going over the cliff until his rear tires are airborne.”
I knew KC was right. My heart sank thinking about Teller, but I told myself as long as he was alive there was hope he’d stop before it was too late. I decided I’d call Teller when I got home.

Today I won’t lose hope, I won’t give up trying to steer someone away from danger.
Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose


(Just a reminder: LOLT II is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment