Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Good
I ran into Mikey at the gym.  I told him about Chad, how he had started to lighten up.  “Now he’s not even coming to practice,” I said. 
Mikey swore Chad would be at the next practice.
“His mother seems determined not to let him play for me or KC,” I said.
“If Betsy isn’t out gambling, she’s getting high while her husband Bob gets drunk.  They won’t even notice Chad’s gone when I take him to practice.  If you can find someone to take him home, it’s all set.”
“Seems a little sneaky,” I said.  I didn’t want to think about the ethical issues raised by Mikey’s plan.
“Sneaking Chad off to practice is the only good we can squeeze out of the chaos that is his life.  I think we owe it to the kid.  Besides, in a couple of weeks Betsy and Bob won’t care who’s coaching Chad.  They’ll be too busy taking credit for how well he’s playing. ”
I still wasn’t crazy about the whole idea.   I was grateful Chad might get a chance to have some fun and improve his game.

Today I will be grateful for whatever good can be squeezed from a bad situation

Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: LOLT II is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment