Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Right and alone
Mikey brought his nephew Chad to practice.  After I put them through warm-ups and wind sprints, I stepped outside with Mikey.  He told me Suzanne was finally sticking to her guns.  Betsy lost big at blackjack, and asked her family for help.  Their father said of course they’d all help her pay her bills, that’s what families do. Suzanne said she wouldn't give her sister Betsy another dime.  The family pressured her with threats and guilt, but Suzanne didn't budge. 
Mikey said, “I couldn't have been more proud.  She knew not enabling Betsy was the right thing to do.  She also knew she’d have to take that stand all alone, and she did.”


Today I will do the right thing even if it means standing all alone.


Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: LOLT II is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment