Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Demanda
When I got home that night, Blondie and Brat Boy were watching TV in the living room.  They asked me about my day, and I told them about our client whose life was coming into focus.
Brat Boy told me his friend was so fixated on his girlfriend Amanda’s looks, he couldn’t see she was the cause of much of the misery in his young life.  Blondie knew the girl.  She also knew Amanda’s past boyfriend who had nicknamed her ‘Demanda.’   Blondie added, “Boys say Amanda’s hot, which makes sense when you know where she’s from.” She didn’t mean the South.
Blondie and Brat Boy joked about ways they could open the boy’s eyes, coming up with more and more complicated schemes.  Finally, Brat boy said, “Seriously Dad, how do we make him see she’s killing him?  I was thinking we could get his friends together, do one of those intervention things you do with addicts.”    
I shook my head and told him there’s a difference between pointing something out, and rubbing someone’s nose in it.  “Unless something is literally killing someone, you express your concern and let it go,” I said.

Today I will point it out, and let it go.

Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: LOLT II is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment