Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pride
When I got to practice that night KC was having an animated conversation with one of the dads.  I felt the tension from across the gym. This particular father had been one of the gang of four who thought he or she should have been the coach.  He had been a vocal critic of KC - behind the scenes, in Father Tim’s office, and from the stands. 
I was stunned when I saw the man hug KC before turning to leave.  He nodded at me on his way out.
KC told me the man had apologized.  “That couldn't have been easy,” I said.  KC said the man had trouble looking him in the eye, struggled to get the words out, but said he had been wrong.  Our two point victory in the last game had convinced him KC knew what he was doing. 
“He even said I was a good influence on the boys,” KC said, smiling.  With a laugh, he added, “Your name didn't come up.”

Today I won’t let my pride get in the way of doing the right thing.


Life on Life’s Terms II © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: LOLT II is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment