Wednesday, March 2, 2016

72. Watch Where You’re Looking!
After Norman left, I began looking on social media for topics to write about.  I had noticed days earlier that LinkedIn, a site for professionals to connect with professionals, was becoming more juvenile, mean spirited and Face Bookish every day.   When I looked that day I found a lot of inspirational posts and serious discussions. In fact, most of the posts were not ‘only a genius can solve this’ puzzles, pictures of someone’s lunch, or like challenges. (Like challenges give the reader a ridiculous choice. ‘Will you like this or do you hate America, mom, and/or apple pie?’)

It occurred to me I had noticed the nonprofessional posts because that was what I had been looking for.  When I looked for wisdom, I found it. “I need to watch where I’m looking,” I said to myself.

Today I will watch where I’m looking.

Sober Not Somber © 2015, 2016 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Sober Not Somber is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment