Sunday, March 20, 2016

84. Magic Time
As we all finally walked inside, I noticed Terence wasn’t limping as badly as he had been. 

“You’re looking better,” I said.  “How’s your hip?”

“Healing,” he said with a broad smile.  “I got a new physical therapist.  He makes me work harder, but he increased the amount of rest time.  I think he’s found just the right mix.  Although, I gotta say, I didn’t really rest my hip the way the first physical therapist told me to.  Just letting time pass without putting any more strain on the hip has done magic. Do what you can and let time pass.”

I thought that formula applied to a lot of things in life.

Today I will do what I can and let time work its magic.

Sober Not Somber © 2015, 2016 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Sober Not Somber is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment