Thursday, February 2, 2017

34. Grain, Feathers, & Directions
The next day I asked Gerry if he got fired.  He said, “My uncle wasn’t even mad, but he said I shouldn’t work with the public.  He talked with my other uncle about me hiring me for the family’s charter airline. I’d be cleaning planes and learning the business.”

“Are you going to take the job?” I asked.

“Probably not. My dad would flip out.  My uncle and gramps kicked him out of the company, remember?  He’d think my uncle hired me just to twist the knife.”

“I hear you, but you say your family’s big problem is not seeing things as they really are.  You taking the job would have nothing to do with your dad.  That’s how things really are.  Taking the job would ruffle feathers and go against the grain, but that’s exactly what you need to do if you want things to change. It would be a step in the right direction.”

Today I will go against the grain if that’s going in the right direction.

Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment