Sunday, February 12, 2017

40. Share the Scare
On Monday the group seemed a little somber.  I asked The Other Ken about it.

“Three people relapsed over the weekend,” The Other Ken answered.  “One was revived with Narcan. One almost died of alcohol poisoning, and the other ate a couple of Vikes and had a glass of wine.  The good thing to come out of this was a few others didn’t think any of them would ever relapse.  As a group, they were sure they had it all figured out.  Your boy Gerry said he was glad he got to share the scare without picking up a drink himself.  I think they got that.  Because three of them relapsed, the other nine were jolted into looking at themselves.”

I said, “It’s like when someone I know has a heart attack.  It scares me into going to the gym and deciding if I really need a basket of cheese fries.  I never thought about that way, but I guess I should be grateful when I only share the scare.”


Today I’ll be grateful if I only share the scare.

               
Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment