Tuesday, February 14, 2017

42. Surgery
“What happens next?” I asked Gerry.
He said, “Dad sells his share of the business, cuts off all contact with my uncles and grandparents. The business goes on as before, and my dad gets more drunk and bitter.  He’ll make me choose between him and the rest of the family.  I’ll probably end up living with one of my uncles until I go to college.  Sucks.”

“What does your sister say about the situation?” I asked.

“She said it’s hard cutting people out of your life, but sometimes you have to.  She also said I shouldn’t mistake surgery for an autopsy.  This is going to hurt, but I’ll survive and probably be better for it. It’ll only feel like death for a while.”

“Smart woman, your sister,” I said.

Today I won’t confuse a surgery with an autopsy.


Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment