Thursday, February 9, 2017

39. Smiley Cookies, STDs, & Divorce Lawyers
When I got home Marti texted me. Her ex’s second wife had texted Marti to say he caught his third wife in bed with another man.  Marti sent her ex a smiley face cookie, a pamphlet on sexually transmitted diseases, and the business card of her divorce lawyer.

I showed my wife the text. “Marti kills me,” I said, laughing.

My wife said, “Marti’s smart. She’s putting a little more distance between them before her ex even approaches her.  And the STD pamphlet was a nice touch.”

“You think he’d contact her now, after all he did to her?”

“He’s so arrogant, he’d think he was doing her a favor, giving her a second chance.  She walked away, which was smart, and she kept on walking, which was smarter still.”

Today I will see if I can put a little more distance between me and toxic people.


Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment