Thursday, February 23, 2017

49. Putting Off Failing
That night I was sitting next to Brat Boy on the couch, watching a movie, and staring at my laptop.  I cursed under my breath. Brat Boy looked at my computer to see why I swore.

I said, “That row of numbers is the total sales of my books in the last thirty days.”

“For a second I thought it might be your points per game when you could still play basketball,” he said, highly amused at his own joke.  I elbowed him in the ribs.  He laughed some more, then added, “If you’re unhappy ‘cause you don’t sell a lot of these books, why don’t you quit writing them?”

“Two reasons. First, there’s an old saying, ‘you haven’t failed until you quit.’ Second, I wrote my masters thesis on procrastination.  I know all about procrastination. I’m putting off failing.  Tomorrow I may quit, but not today.”


Today I will put off failing.


Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment