Wednesday, February 1, 2017

33. Nothing Personal
After the training I read the evaluations.  Most people had enjoyed the training.  One person had skipped the rating scales to write me a short note:  “Sorry if I seem angry today.  It has nothing to do with you. I had to put my cat down yesterday.  I wanted to take the day off, but I used up all my sick/vacation days battling cancer.  My cat was my constant companion throughout my illness and I miss her. Next week I hope to be in a better frame of mind.”

I had assumed the scowling lady was angry because she didn’t want to be at my training.   Reluctantly, I admitted to myself I had judged her based on assumptions.

Today I won’t assume I know how people feel, or why they might feel that way.


Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose


No comments:

Post a Comment