Sunday, February 5, 2017

35. Apology Accepted
The next day Gerry and I met at the coffee machine. “Did you ever apologize to your sister?” I asked.  “You had said you wanted to.”

“I did,” he said, a broad smile stretching across his face.  “She hugged me. Told me she loved me and was glad I was finally seeing the light.  By the way, I took the job with my other uncle at the airline.  I told my dad I wasn’t sorry for taking the job, but I wanted to apologize if I’d hurt his feelings.”

“How’d your dad react?”

“He said I could keep my apology, that I was as messed up as my sister.  Said he didn’t know how someone like him could end up with two crazy, ungrateful kids.  That stung a little, but made me appreciate my sister all the more.  I’m so lucky to have her.”

Today I’ll be grateful for people who forgive, who accept apologies.

Needles Not For Knitting is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Needles Not For Knitting (c) 2017 by Ken Montrose


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment